Visualizing Human Geography: At Home in a Diverse World
November 2010, ©2011
The narrative and concepts are tightly linked to visual elements, including practical examples that highlight the relevance of the concepts. Maps are integrated throughout to help reveal patterns or trends. Divergent views and critical thinking are emphasized. Photographs and other visuals are also included to reinforce the concepts.
2. Globalization and Cultural Geography.
3. Population and Migration.
4. Geographies of Language.
5. Geographies of Religion.
6. Geographies of Identity: Race, Ethnicity, Sexuality, and Gender.
7. Political Geography.
8. Urban Geographies.
9. Geographies of Development.
10. Changing Geographies of Industry and Services.
11. Agricultural Geographies.
12. Environmental Challenges.
Appendix A: Understanding Map Projections.
Appendix B: Answers to Self-Tests.
- Links the narrative and concepts to visual elements
- Highlights the relevance of concepts through practical examples
- Integrates maps throughout to help reveal patterns or trends
- Emphasizes divergent views and critical thinking
- Reinforces concepts through photographs and other visuals
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.