The Bar and Beverage Book, 5th Edition
June 2012, ©2012
Chapter 2: Responsible Alcohol Service
Chapter 3: Creating and Maintaining a Bar Business
Chapter 4: Bar Equipment
Chapter 5: The Beverages: Spirits
Chapter 6: Wine Appreciation
Chapter 7: Wine Sales and Service
Chapter 8: Beer
Chapter 9: Sanitation and Bar Setup
Chapter 10: Mixology, Part One
Chapter 11: Mixology, Part Two
Chapter 12: Employee Management
Chapter 13: Purchasing, Receiving, Storage, and Inventory
Chapter 14: Planning For Profit
Chapter 15: Managing Your Bar Business
Chapter 16: Regulations
- Shows updated bar trends, from airport bars to hookah bars, to hotel minibars.
- Updated information about how the industry is working to promote responsible service.
- New demographic information about potential customer segments
- More information on the marketing powerhouses behind some of the major liquor brands, and details about such trendy products as cachaça, light whiskey and absinthe.
- Descriptions of more types of grapes used in winemaking, and updated the American Viticultural Areas (AVAs) to reflect those most recently designated.
- Extensive discussion of options for bar mixes and juices, an introduction to agua fresca, and the debate about serving bottled water versus filtered tap water.
- Responsible alcohol service—learn crisis management, protection from third-party liability, and ways to ensure customers drink in moderation
- Marketing—investigate new service methods to attract a wider demographic
- Staffing—improve the recruitment, hiring, and training of employees
- Spirits, wine, and beer—acquire a greater knowledge of upscale products
- Management practices—learn methods for pricing individual drinks, tracking product, preventing loss, and calculating a bar's break-even point for profitability
- Regulations—stay informed about the latest legal issues
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.