Theory and Design for Mechanical Measurements, 5th Edition
November 2010, ©2011
2. Static and dynamic characteristics of signals 37
3. Measurement system behavior 72
4. Probability and statistics 109
5. Uncertainty analysis 148
6. Analog electrical devices and measurements 191
7. Sampling, digital devices, and data acquisition 235
8. Temperature measurements 282
9. Pressure and velocity measurements 341
10. Flow mesurements 385
11. Strain measurement 425
12. Mechatronics: Sensors, actuators, and controls 460
Appendix A. A guide for technical writing 515
Appendix B. Property data and conversion factors 523
Appendix C. Laplace transform basics 529
- Learning objectives for each chapter to help in organizing new readers to learning the key concepts.
- Many example problems ranging from concept development of new material to building of more advanced skills for engineering practice.
- Significant updates to coverage of uncertainty analysis consistent with international and US standards with new material covering Monte Carlo simulation, non-symmetrical uncertainty intervals, and a broader treatment of correlated errors.
- Updated and revised coverage on a number of critical topics, including digital image processing, analysis of strain-gauge data, and digital signal acquisition and processing.
- The text offers historical briefs on the development of many concepts; it provides references to many of the standards applicable to the practical use of measurement devices; it contains an extensive Glossary of selected terms.
- The textbook website includes access to Labview files for interactive self-tutorials on key concepts and to MATLAB files to assist in data analysis, and other resources to assist both in classroom and for self-paced learning.
- Widely viewed as the best text for the measurements and instrumentation course, the fourth edition has been adopted by over 100 schools.
- Comprehensive coverage and strong topical organization for both measurement theory and applications provide a flexible framework to meet the wide variety of course needs.
- In-depth and integrated treatment of statistics and uncertainty analysis throughout the text.
- Emphasis on teaching students how to perform real-world design of experiments and measurements, helping to meet the ABET requirement for experiments.
- Continued emphasis on both US and SI units.
- LABVIEW files for self-tutorials on critical concepts and MATLAB files for system analysis illustrate key concepts and support the use of software tools.
- Expanded coverage of mechatronics concepts (Chapters 12, Appendix C).
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.