Integrated Business Processes with ERP Systems
August 2011, ©2012
Integrated Business Processes with ERP Systems covers the key processes supported by modern ERP systems. This textbook is designed for use as both a reference guide and a conceptual resource for students taking ERP-focused courses using SAP. It examines in depth the core concepts applicable to all ERP environments, and it explains how those concepts can be utilized to implement business processes in SAP systems. Students will gain a deep appreciation for the role of enterprise systems in efficiently managing processes from multiple functional perspectives. Examples of both positive and negative issues associated with enterprise systems are integrated throughout the chapters to illustrate the concepts with real-world experiences.
WileyPLUS is sold separately from this text.
1 Introduction to Business Processes 1
The Functional Organizational Structure 2
Business Processes 4
Global Bike Incorporated (GBI) 15
How to use This Book 16
2 Introduction to Enterprise Systems 23
Enterprise Systems 23
Data in an Enterprise System 29
3 Introduction to Accounting 49
Organizational Data 51
Master Data 52
Key Concepts 58
4 The Procurement Process 83
Organizational Data 84
Master Data 89
Key Concepts 95
5 The Fulfillment Process 127
Organizational Data 128
Master Data 139
Credit Management Process 167
6 The Production Process 179
Master Data 182
7 Inventory and Warehouse Management Processes 221
Inventory Management 222
Organizational Data in Warehouse Management 234
Master Data in Warehouse Management 239
Processes in Warehouse Management 242
8 The Material Planning Process 269
Master Data 271
9 Process Integration 315
Procurement, Fulfi llment, and IWM Processes 318
Procurement, Fulfi llment, Production, and IWM Processes 332
Jeffrey Word, Ph.D., is vice president of product strategy at SAP AG. He is responsible for defining SAP's future product strategy and for fostering product innovation within SAP. Dr. Word has worked for several Global 1000 companies in the high-tech industry for nearly 20 years, specializing in business consulting and IT strategy. At SAP, he has driven the evolution of the company’s enterprise technology strategy, with a special focus on corporate process improvement initiatives and services-based IT architecture design. Dr. Word earned his Ph.D. in information systems at Manchester Business School in England.
• Running Case Study - Many key examples, demonstrations, and assignments incorporated throughout the book are based on a fictional company, Global Bike Incorporated (GBI). GBI exists virtually in the GBI ERP system, which will be used to provide hands-on experience with executing the various processes in SAP ERP.
• Real-World Examples - In addition to the integrated approach and the GBI case study, the text includes multiple scenarios that demonstrate how businesses actually utilize ERP capabilities. Examples of both positive and negative issues associated with enterprise systems are integrated throughout the chapters to illustrate the concepts with real-world experiences.
• WileyPLUS resources include the complete book online, recorded demonstrations of each key activity, and interactive hands-on assignments using the SAP platform.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.