Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 10th Edition
August 2011, ©2011
Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 10th Edition is known for its comprehensive coverage, careful and correct mathematics, outstanding exercises, and self-contained subject matter parts for maximum flexibility. The new edition continues with the tradition of providing instructors and students with a comprehensive and up-to-date resource for teaching and learning engineering mathematics, that is, applied mathematics for engineers and physicists, mathematicians and computer scientists, as well as members of other disciplines.
CHAPTER 1 First-Order ODEs 2
CHAPTER 2 Second-Order Linear ODEs 46
CHAPTER 3 Higher Order Linear ODEs 105
CHAPTER 4 Systems of ODEs. Phase Plane. Qualitative Methods 124
CHAPTER 5 Series Solutions of ODEs. Special Functions 167
CHAPTER 6 Laplace Transforms 203
P A R T B Linear Algebra. Vector Calculus 255
CHAPTER 7 Linear Algebra: Matrices, Vectors, Determinants. Linear Systems 256
CHAPTER 8 Linear Algebra: Matrix Eigenvalue Problems 322
CHAPTER 9 Vector Differential Calculus. Grad, Div, Curl 354
CHAPTER 10 Vector Integral Calculus. Integral Theorems 413
P A R T C Fourier Analysis. Partial Differential Equations (PDEs) 473
CHAPTER 11 Fourier Analysis 474
CHAPTER 12 Partial Differential Equations (PDEs) 540
P A R T D Complex Analysis 607
CHAPTER 13 Complex Numbers and Functions. Complex Differentiation 608
CHAPTER 14 Complex Integration 643
CHAPTER 15 Power Series, Taylor Series 671
CHAPTER 16 Laurent Series. Residue Integration 708
CHAPTER 17 Conformal Mapping 736
P A R T E Numeric Analysis 787
CHAPTER 19 Numerics in General 790
CHAPTER 20 Numeric Linear Algebra 844
CHAPTER 21 Numerics for ODEs and PDEs 900
P A R T F Optimization, Graphs 949
CHAPTER 22 Unconstrained Optimization. Linear Programming 950
CHAPTER 23 Graphs. Combinatorial Optimization 970
CHAPTER 24 Data Analysis. Probability Theory 1011
CHAPTER 25 Mathematical Statistics 1063
APPENDIX 1 References A1
APPENDIX 2 Answers to Odd-Numbered Problems A4
APPENDIX 3 Auxiliary Material A63
APPENDIX 4 Additional Proofs A77
APPENDIX 5 Tables A97
PHOTO CREDITS P1
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.