The Sommelier Prep Course: An Introduction to the Wines, Beers, and Spirits of the World
April 2010, ©2010
Divided into five parts, Gibson covers wine, beer, and spirits. Along with a history of each type of beverage, he also covers how these beverages are produced and manufactured, varieties and styles of these beverages, and food pairings. Most importantly, Gibson covers costing, pricing, merchandising, marketing, and storing wine, along with creating a balanced wine list and table service.
1: Wine Basics.
2: A Short History of Wine.
5: Important Grape Varieties.
6: Food & Wine Pairing.
7: Wine Tasting and Sensory Analysis.
8: Applying Wine Analysis.
9: The Wines of France.
10: The Wines of Italy.
11: The Wines of Spain.
12: The Wines of Germany.
13: The Wines of Portugal.
14: The Wines of Austria, Hungary, Greece, and Other European Regions.
15: The Old World and the New World of Wine.
16: The Wines of the United States.
17: The Wines of Australia.
18: The Wines of New Zealand.
19: The Wines of South Africa.
20: The Wines of Chile.
21: The Wines of Argentina.
22: Emerging Wine Regions of the World.
23: Beer: Importance, Ingredients, and the Brewing Process.
24: Ales, Lagers, and Beer Styles.
25: Sake, Mead, and Cider.
26: Distillation and Spirit Production.
27: Important Styles of Spirits.
28: Beverage Service and Storage.
29: Beverage Sales and Wine Lists.
MICHAEL GIBSON is lead instructor for wine and spirits at the Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Scottsdale. He is a certified specialist of wine with the Society of Wine Educators and a certified sommelier with the American Chapter of the Court of Master Sommeliers. He also works in the beverage industry as the director of operations for a wine and spirits distributor.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.