The Art of the Chocolatier: From Classic Confections to Sensational Showpieces
January 2011, ©2011
PART 1: INTRODUCTION TO CHOCOLATE.
CHAPTER 1 Chocolate and Other Ingredients.
CHAPTER 2 Essential Equipment.
CHAPTER 3 Composition and Basic Techniques.
PART 2: MAKING CHOCOLATES AND OTHER CONFECTIONS.
CHAPTER 4 Simple Chocolate Methods and Recipes.
CHAPTER 5 Gianduja, Caramelized Gianduja, and Marzipan.
CHAPTER 6 Ganache.
CHAPTER 7 Decorating Techniques.
CHAPTER 8 Chocolate Praline Recipes.
CHAPTER 9 Sugar-Crusted Alcohol Pralines.
PART 3: CREATING CHOCOLATE SHOWPIECES.
CHAPTER 10 Chocolate Bases and Tubes.
CHAPTER 11 Chocolate Décor.
CHAPTER 12 Modeling Chocolate.
CHAPTER 13 Chocolate Flowers.
CHAPTER 14 Painting, Piping, and Assembling Three-Dimensional Figures.
CHAPTER 15 Creating a Competition Piece.
Ewald Notter is the founder and director of education of the Notter School of Pastry Arts in Orlando, Florida. Renowned as a master of sugar and chocolate work, he has worked with chocolate for 35 years, during which time he has won numerous awards, including National Pastry Team Champion, Pastry Chef of the Year, and fifteen gold medals in various other pastry competitions. He has taught at pastry schools around the world and serves as a pastry advisor to the American Culinary Federation's Culinary Team USA.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.