Chemistry: A Guided Inquiry, 5th Edition
January 2011, ©2012
1. The Nuclear Atom.
2. Atomic Number and Atomic Mass.
3. Coulomb's Law.
4. The Shell Model (I).
5. The Shell Model (II).
6. Atomic Size.
7. Electromagnetic Radiation.
8. Photoelectron Spectroscopy.
9. The Shell Model (III).
10. Electron Configurations.
11. Electron Configurations and the Periodic Table.
12. Electron Spin.
13. Lewis Structures (I).
14. Bond Order and Bond Strength.
15. Lewis Structures (II).
16. Lewis Structures (III).
17. Lewis Structures (IV).
18. Molecular Shapes.
19. Hybrid Orbitals.
20. Average Valence Electron Energies.
21. Partial Charge.
22. Polar, Nonpolar, and Ionic Bonds.
23. Dipole Moment.
Solids and Liquids.
24. The Ionic Bond.
26. The Bond-Type Triangle.
27. Intermolecular Forces.
28. The Mole Concept.
29. Balanced Chemical Equations.
30. Limiting Reagent.
31. Empirical Formula.
33. The Ideal Gas Law.
34. Enthalpy of Atom Combination.
35. Enthalpy Changes in Chemical Reactions.
36. Rates of Chemical Reactions.
37. Equilibrium (I).
38. Equilibrium (II).
39. The Equilibrium Constant (I).
40. The Reaction Quotient.
41. The Solubility Product.
Acids and Bases.
42. Acids and Bases.
43. Strong and Weak Acids.
44. Weak Acid/Base Dissociation.
46. Relative Acid Strength.
47. Acid/Base Strength of Conjugate Pairs.
49. Oxidation Numbers.
50. The Electrochemical Cell.
51. The Cell Voltage.
52. Entropy (I).
53. Entropy (II).
54. Entropy Changes in Chemical Reactions.
55. The Equilibrium Constant (II).
56. The Equilibrium Constant (III).
57. Rates of Chemical Reactions (II).
58. Integrated Rate Laws.
59. Reaction Mechanisms (I).
60. Reaction Mechanisms (II).
61. Reaction Mechanisms (III).
62. Activation Energy.
Appendix: Table A.1 Values of Selected Fundamental Constants.
Appendix: Table A.2 Selected Conversion Factors.
Appendix: Table A.3 Standard-State Enthalpies, Free Energies, and Entropies of Atom Combination.
- Draws on exercises from Spencer, Bodner, and Rickard's CHEMISTRY 5e but can be used in tandem with any introductory General Chemistry textbook.
- Features 62 ChemActivities which cover all the core General Chemistry topics.
- Includes tips on setting up an inquiry-based class.
- Connects to an online Instructor's Manual with answers to Critical Thinking Questions and Skill Development Exercises; it also provides sample quizzes.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.