Introduction to Networking with Network+
April 2012, ©2013
Are you tired of books that cover new technologies and exam topics in a fleeting fashion, and are bogged down with legacy technology coverage that is now out-dated? This book by Timothy Pintello is up-to-date and covers only relevant and current technologies. This book also includes his revolutionary method for making Subnetting easily understood by new IT students.
1 Introduction to Networks 1
2 The OSI and TCP/IP Models 25
3 Media 46
4 Network Addressing 81
5 Network Protocols 121
6 Networking Devices 165
7 LAN Technologies 219
8 WAN Technologies 252
9 Basic Network Security 285
10 Network Access Security 331
11 Network Management 373
12 Network Troubleshooting 415
Appendix A 477
Appendix B 488
- Written first as a textbook to teach students the foundations of networking, not as a test prep guide
- The Pintello book attempts to show how all aspects of networking are interconnected
- Covers all of the Network+ 2012 exam objectives
- Entire chapters are dedicated to Virtualization and Small Office/Home Office, new the Network + 2012 Exam
- Written in such a way that it can also be used to help students prepare for the Network+ exam
- Presents a revolutionary new approach to subnetting that helps the student visualize how subnetting works and then offers subnetting labs that lead through the steps needed to subnet Class C networks.
- This text explains what Port Address Translation (PAT) and Substitutionary Network Address Translation (SNAT) are, in addition to explaining how both of these work together to allow Network Address Translation (NAT) work.
- Interweaves the different topics of the Network+ exam together in such a way that a student can see how they are all interconnected.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.