College Geometry: Using the Geometer's Sketchpad, 1st Edition
December 2011, ©2012
ONE Using The Geometer’s Sketchpad 1
TWO Constructing → Proving 21
THREE Mathematical Arguments and Triangle Geometry 53
FOUR Circle Geometry and Proofs 85
FIVE Analytic Geometry 111
SIX Taxicab Geometry 143
SEVEN Finite Geometries 161
EIGHT Transformational Geometry 185
NINE Isometries and Matrices 209
TEN Symmetry in the Plane 229
ELEVEN Hyperbolic Geometry 253
TWELVE Projective Geometry 287
APPENDIX A Trigonometry 317
APPENDIX B Calculating with Matrices 329
- Former Chapter 1 has been re-written as two chapters: Chapter 1: Using the Geometer’s Sketchpad and Chapter 2: Constructing à Proving. The authors split these chapters into two in order to provide better explanation and deeper coverage of each topic.
- The introduction and development of proof skills in Chapters 3 and 4 has been revised in order to make the concept of proof more accessible to students.
- New Chapter 7: Finite Geometries has been added based on feedback from instructors who cover this topic in their geometry courses.
- Chapter 11: Hyperbolic Geometry has been expanded with additional problems and more in-depth coverage by the authors.
- Coverage of the Real Projective Plane in chapter 11 has been re-written to be more clear to students.
- Chapters open with Activities that immediately draw students into the subject matter.
- Students learn Sketchpad and geometry at the same time (full integration).
- Includes an introduction to writing proofs, preparing students for later mathematics courses that involve extensive proof writing.
- Detailed Discussions solidify student conjectures made in the Activities.
- Covers Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometry topics.
- A true discovery-based approach to the subject
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.