Abnormal Psychology, 12th Edition
January 2012, ©2012
Chapter 2: Current Paradigms in Psychopathology.
Chapter 3: Diagnosis and Assessment.
Chapter 4: Research Methods in Psychopathology.
Chapter 5: Mood Disorders.
Chapter 6: Anxiety Disorders.
Chapter 7: Obsessive-Compulsive Related and Trauma-Related Disorders.
Chapter 8: Dissociative Disorders and Somatic Symptom Disorders.
Chapter 9: Schizophrenia.
Chapter 10: Substance Use Disorders.
Chapter 11: Eating Disorders.
Chapter 12: Sexual Disorders.
Chapter 13: Disorders of Childhood.
Chapter 14: Late Life and Neurocognitive Disorders.
Chapter 15: Personality and Personality Disorders.
Chapter 16: Legal and Ethical Issues.
- Significant new material correlated to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders 5 (DSM-5), included in every chapter.
- New Organization: Material on treatments (previously chapter 16 in the 11th edition) has been integrated so that treatments are now covered alongside each disorder. Also, the disorders chapters (Chapters 5-15) have been reorganized to better mirror the organization of DSM-5.
- Many new tables and figures throughout the book illustrate the similarities and differences between DSM-5 and previous diagnostic symptoms
- Hundreds of updated references throughout the book
- Many new figures, particularly more figures to carefully illustrate the genetics and brain networks involved in different disorders
- New Clinical Cases throughout the chapters
- Several additional “Focus on Discovery” boxes added to this edition
- New material on culture and ethnicity and how it impacts the study of psychopathology and intervention. This material has been added throughout the book, with significant material added in Chapters 2, 3, 9 and 10.
- Balanced coverage throughout, with a blend of research with clinical applications
- Comprehensive coverage of current research, theories and applications
- Takes a problem-solving approach, by presenting students with the investigative process used by practicing clinicians and scientists
- Employs a Multiple Paradigm Approach that shows how psychopathology is best understood by considering multiple perspectives, or paradigms when suggesting treatment options
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.