Project Management: A Managerial Approach: 8th Edition
August 2011, ©2012
Meredith and Mantel have drawn from experiences in the workplace to develop a text that teaches the reader how to build skills necessary for selecting, initiating, operating, and controlling all types of projects.
Chapter 2 Strategic Management and Project Selection 41
Chapter 3 The Project Manager 101
Chapter 4 Managing Conflict and the Art of Negotiation 145
Chapter 5 The Project in the Organizational Structure 175
Chapter 6 Project Activity and Risk Planning 221
Chapter 7 Budgeting : Estimating Costs and Risks 285
Chapter 8 Scheduling 335
Chapter 9 Resource Allocation 387
Chapter 10 Monitoring and Information Systems 437
Chapter 11 Project Control 475
Chapter 12 Project Auditing 521
Chapter 13 Project Termination 551
Photo and Copyright Credits 575
Name Index 577
Subject Index 582
• Simulating Costs with Crystal Ball: Discussion of simulating costs with Crystal Ball has been moved from Chapter 2 to Chapter 7 in order to give the student more time to process the subject.
• PMBOK Coverage: Increased discussion of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and identification of where in PMBOK certain topics are covered.
• Crystal Ball Software: A registration card is packaged with the text, giving students access to a free 140-day trial edition of Crystal Ball. Schools adopting the text also can obtain access to the full version of Microsoft Project through Wiley's MSDNAA partnership.
• Change Management: The task of the project manager to handle change is introduced throughout the text with references to the organizational, interpersonal, economic, and technical glitches that create crises in the life cycle of every project.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.