Micro and Smart Systems
February 2012, ©2012
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Micro Sensors, Actuators, Systems And Smart Materials: An Overview
Chapter 3 Micromachining Technologies
Chapter 4 Mechanics Of Slender Solids In Microsystems
Chapter 5 Finite Element Method
Chapter 6 Modeling Of Coupled Electromechanical Systems
Chapter 7 Electronics Circuits And Control For Micro And Smart Systems
Chapter 8 Integration Of Micro And Smart Systems
Chapter 9 Scaling Effects In Microsystems
Chapter 10 Simulation Of Microsystems Using Fea Software
• Unified treatment of micro- and smart systems in terms of applications and modeling.
• Written without assuming prior background in electrical or mechanical engineering but without shortchanging rigor.
• The authors are all leading researchers in the field at a world-class research university. They hold Ph.D. degrees from Michigan, Penn State, Purdue, IIT Madras, and Waterloo, respectively.
• The book is filled with current examples and applications from modern industrial practice.
• Numerous solved examples, unsolved problems, and thought-provoking "your turn" teasers.