Financial Accounting, 8th Edition
December 2011, ©2012
Students using Weygandt, Financial Accounting, 8th Edition with WileyPLUS will spend more time with the material because it demonstrates the relevance and offers multiple opportunities for practice both in the book and in WileyPLUS. Students take more initiative with their learning, so you'll have a greater impact in the classroom.
2 The Recording Process 52
3 Adjusting the Accounts 100
4 Completing the Accounting Cycle 162
5 Accounting for Merchandising Operations 218
6 Inventories 270
7 Fraud, Internal Control, and Cash 324
8 Accounting for Receivables 378
9 Plant Assets, Natural Resources, and Intangible Assets 422
10 Liabilities 474
11 Corporations: Organization, Stock Transactions, Dividends, and Retained Earnings 536
12 Investments 600
13 Statement of Cash Flows 644
14 Financial Statement Analysis 710
A Specimen Financial Statements: PepsiCo, Inc. A-1
B Specimen Financial Statements: The Coca-Cola Company B-1
C Specimen Financial Statements: Zetar plc C-1
D Time Value of Money D-1
E Payroll Accounting E-1
F Subsidiary Ledgers and Special Journals F-1
G Other Significant Liabilities G-1
• Accounting Cycle Visualized -- More visual, instead of textual, presentations of equation analysis are included in the accounting cycle chapters. Students will now more clearly see the relationship between basic analysis, equation analysis, Debit-Credit analysis, journal entries, and posting.
• A Look at IFRS - This new section at end of each chapter prepares students for the global market place and includes an IFRS overview, differences between GAAP and IFRS (Key Points), IFRS/GAPP Convergence efforts (Looking to the Future), and IFRS Self-Test questions. An IFRS Application section contains review exercises and an international comparative problem.
• Common Chart of Accounts - The accounts used in the textbook, supplements, and WileyPLUS were streamlined and account titles are now used consistently throughout. Students can now grasp difficult concepts more easily.
• People, Planet, and Profit - This new feature addresses sustainability approaches of real world companies and is reinforced by the new Broadening Your Perspective problems Considering People, Planet, and Profit.
• Anatomy of a Fraud -- Featured in all relevant chapters show students the importance of internal controls, and how the lack of internal controls resulted in real-world fraud.
Updated Homework Material - All calculations and data in end-of-chapter Brief Exercises, Exercises, Do IT!, Problem Set
• Accounting Across the Organization - gives students business context by showing how people, often in non-accounting functions, use accounting information to make decisions.
• Do IT! Exercises - teach students how to apply their knowledge quickly after they've learned it.
• Comprehensive Homework Material - each chapter concludes with Self-Test Questions, Questions, Brief Exercises, Do IT! Review, Exercises, Problems, the Continuing Cookie Chronicle Problem, and Comprehensive Problems. Excel Templates are available for certain Exercises and Problems.
• Broadening Your Perspective Section - is designed to help develop students' analysis and critical thinking skills with these elements: Financial Reporting and Analysis; Decision-Making Across the Organization; Communication Activity, Ethics Cases; All About You; Considering People, Planet, and Profit; and Considering Your Costs and Benefits.