Mastering the Codification and eIFRS: A Case Approach
October 2011, ©2012
Churyk, Weirich, and Pearson's Mastering Codification and eIFRS: A Case Approach is a new accounting book that focuses on teaching students how to use the FASB Codification and the IASB e-IFRS research databases. This is a perfect companion for an Intermediate Accounting, Accounting Research, or Advanced Accounting course, where research skills are integrated in the curriculum. In today's environment, professional accountants conducting financial accounting research will be utilizing some type of electronic research database. Understanding how to use the FASB Codification system is becoming more crucial to a student's success on the CPA exam and their success in the profession. Throughout the text, the authors use cases to step students through the fundamentals of how to conduct research at the professional level.
About the Authors vi
Chapter 1 FASB Accounting Standards Codification™Research System 1
Chapter 2 Electronic International Financial Reporting Standards 18
Chapter 3 Other Research Databases 31
Chapter 4 Knowledge Busters 41
Chapter 5 Introduction to Research and Case Analysis 55
• Hypothetical cases on important recent issues faced in the accounting profession help students understand the business decision and research they will need to conduct as professionals
• An accounting database from RIA, the SEC's EDGAR database and other major financial accounting research databases
• Real life cases simplified for an easier understanding of the challenges faced by the companies
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.