Supervision in the Hospitality Industry, 7th Edition
December 2011, ©2012
Part 1. Supervision 1
Chapter 1. The Supervisor as Manager 3
Chapter 2. The Supervisor as Leader 39
Chapter 3. Planning, Organizing, and Goal Setting 67
Chapter 4. Communicating Effectively 101
Part 2. Equal Opportunity, Diversity, Recruitment, and Performance Standards 139
Chapter 5. Equal Opportunity Laws and Diversity 141
Chapter 6. Recruitment, Selection, and Orientation 167
Chapter 7. Performance Effectiveness 213
Part 3. Creating a Positive Work Environment 257
Chapter 8. Motivation 259
Chapter 9. Supervising Teams, Teambuilding, and Coaching 297
Chapter 10. Employee Training and Development 327
Chapter 11. Conflict Management, Resolution, and Prevention 361
Part 4. Maintaining High Performance 379
Chapter 12. Discipline 381
Chapter 13. Decision Making and Control 423
Chapter 14. Delegating 455
- Supervision in the Hospitality Industry, Seventh Edition, has returned to its highly regarded original focus on supervision topics
- A reduction in focus on the details of human resources to give students the practical knowledge they need to succeed.
- This Seventh Edition also includes more industry examples and the addition of key word definitions throughout.
- Focuses on the different roles of employees from new leaders, newly promoted supervisor, or anyone planning a career in the hospitality field
- Enhanced from previous issues with more industry examples and the addition of key word definitions
- Offers several new chapters on topics such as supervisors as leaders; goal setting; supervisory communication; suggestions for improving communications and social media communications; drivers of diversity; multiculturalism; and social media recruiting
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.