Resorts: Management and Operation, 3rd Edition
September 2011, ©2012
The first section covers major types of resorts: those that are mountain-based, beach-based and golf/tennis based. Two chapters are devoted to each of the various resort types. The first chapters of each resort type focuses on development issues with the impact on operations noted throughout. The second chapter in each resort type deals with guest profiles and management issues. The second section highlights what makes managing a resort different from managing a 'regular' hotel. The final section features a newly expanded chapter on spas, pools, and indoor water parks along with individual chapters on specialty resorts, cruise ships and casinos, reflecting the importance of these types of properties.
Chapter 2: Mountain Based Resorts: The Impact of Development on Operations.
Chapter 3: Mountain-Based Resorts: Managing the Operation.
Chapter 4: Beach Resorts and Marinas: The Impact of Development on Operations.
Chapter 5: Beach Resorts and Marinas: Managing the Operation.
Chapter 6: Golf/Tennis-Based Resorts: The Impact of Development on Operations.
Chapter 7: Golf-Based Resorts: Managing the Operation.
Chapter 8: Resort Operations: The Importance of Recreational Amenities.
Chapter 9: The Uniqueness of Timeshare Resort Operations.
Chapter 10: Resort Operation: The Importance of Guest Activities.
Chapter 11: Resort Operations: The Importance of Retail.
Chapter 12: Spas, Pools, and Indoor Waterparks.
Chapter 13: Specialty Resorts.
Chapter 14: Cruise Ships: Floating Resorts.
Chapter 15: Casinos.
- Expanded coverage of sustainable development and ecotourism.
- Newly added major sections on resort operations and revenue management.
- Additional features per chapter, such as added sidebars on careers, new Quick Getaways feature boxes on resort principles and practices, and web video links.
- The Third Edition has undergone a general revision to update the overall currency of the content.
- A summary of almost 30 years of thought, analysis, and research into the field of resort management, written from a business viewpoint - yet takes into account the unique structure of resorts
- Sections cover: types of resorts; managing a resort vs. a 'regular' hotel; and spas, pools, and indoor water parks
- Other individual chapters feature specialty resorts, cruise ships and casinos, reflecting the importance of these types of properties
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.