Tourism: Principles, Practices, Philosophies, 12th Edition
September 2011, ©2012
Chapter 2: Tourism Through the Ages.
Chapter 3: Career Opportunities.
Chapter 4: World, National, Regional and Other Organizations.
Chapter 5: Passenger Transportation.
Chapter 6: Hospitality and Related Services.
Chapter 7: Organizations in the Distribution Process.
Chapter 8: Attractions, Recreation, and Other Tourist Draws.
Chapter 9: Motivation for Pleasure Travel.
Chapter 10: Cultural and International Tourism for Life's Enrichment.
Chapter 11: Sociology of Tourism.
Chapter 12: Tourism Components and Supply.
Chapter 13: Measuring and Forecasting Demand.
Chapter 14: Tourism's Economic Impact.
Chapter 15: Tourism Policy: Structure, Content, and Process.
Chapter 16: Tourism Planning, Development, and Social Considerations.
Chapter 17: Tourism and the Environment.
Chapter 18: Travel and Tourism Research.
Chapter 19: Tourism Marketing.
Chapter 20: Tourism's Future.
- New section on culinary tourism
- New information on transportation options, including the airline industry, and updated cruise industry
- New information on technology, convention centers, arenas, stadium, and public facilities management jobs
- Updates on passport, visa, and governmental policies
- New material on social media, blogs, and podcasting
- Additional coverage of crisis management throughout the book
- A new look at the future of travel
- Authorship: Charles Goeldner and J.R. Brent Ritchie are internationally known for their work in travel and tourism
- Color Insert: Revised and expanded to two 16-page four-color inserts
- Most comprehensive coverage of travel and tourism
- Defines the university-level Introduction to Tourism course
- Profiles of travel industry leaders
- Global Insights cover timely and interesting topics intended to serve as a stimulus for discussion