Tourism: Principles, Practices, Philosophies, 12th Edition
September 2011, ©2012
Chapter 2: Tourism Through the Ages.
Chapter 3: Career Opportunities.
Chapter 4: World, National, Regional and Other Organizations.
Chapter 5: Passenger Transportation.
Chapter 6: Hospitality and Related Services.
Chapter 7: Organizations in the Distribution Process.
Chapter 8: Attractions, Recreation, and Other Tourist Draws.
Chapter 9: Motivation for Pleasure Travel.
Chapter 10: Cultural and International Tourism for Life's Enrichment.
Chapter 11: Sociology of Tourism.
Chapter 12: Tourism Components and Supply.
Chapter 13: Measuring and Forecasting Demand.
Chapter 14: Tourism's Economic Impact.
Chapter 15: Tourism Policy: Structure, Content, and Process.
Chapter 16: Tourism Planning, Development, and Social Considerations.
Chapter 17: Tourism and the Environment.
Chapter 18: Travel and Tourism Research.
Chapter 19: Tourism Marketing.
Chapter 20: Tourism's Future.
CHARLES R. GOELDNER, PH.D., is Professor Emeritus of Marketing and Tourism at the Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado at Boulder. He is also the founding editor of the Journal of Travel Research.
J. R. BRENT RITCHIE, PH.D., the founding Chair of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) Tourism Education Council, holds the Professorship in Tourism Management, and is Chair of the World Tourism Education and Research Centre at the University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- New section on culinary tourism
- New information on transportation options, including the airline industry, and updated cruise industry
- New information on technology, convention centers, arenas, stadium, and public facilities management jobs
- Updates on passport, visa, and governmental policies
- New material on social media, blogs, and podcasting
- Additional coverage of crisis management throughout the book
- A new look at the future of travel
- Authorship: Charles Goeldner and J.R. Brent Ritchie are internationally known for their work in travel and tourism
- Color Insert: Revised and expanded to two 16-page four-color inserts
- Most comprehensive coverage of travel and tourism
- Defines the university-level Introduction to Tourism course
- Profiles of travel industry leaders
- Global Insights cover timely and interesting topics intended to serve as a stimulus for discussion
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.