Housekeeping Management, 2nd Edition
October 2011, ©2012
The text explores the role of the housekeeping department in hotel/lodging operations, and focuses mainly on the effective communication between the housekeeping, front office, and engineering and maintenance staff. This edition will have the same focus on the management- and administration-based philosophy from the 1st Edition, but with a stronger focus on the engineering aspects of housekeeping. The book will also incorporate new concepts of energy conservation and risk management to address the latest sustainability and security trends in the industry, as well as updated information on guestroom technology.
Chapter 2: The Executive Housekeeper as Department Manager.
Chapter 3: Structural Planning of the Housekeeping Department.
Chapter 4: Management of Inventory and Equipment.
Chapter 5: Characteristics of Housekeeping Equipment and Supplies.
Chapter 6: Laundry Room Management.
Chapter 7: The Cleaning Function.
Chapter 8: Personnel Administration.
Chapter 9: Controlling Housekeeping Operations.
Chapter 10: Safety, Security and Infectious Diseases in Property Operations.
Chapter 11: Energy Conservation in Lodging Properties.
Chapter 12: Environmental and Sustainability Issues.
- Updated terms and definitions
- Added discussions and practical examples
- Available new software programs
- New case studies
- Added budgeting, inventory, and cost-per-occupied room exercises for concept clarity
- New in-class exercises
- Written from a management perspective of the executive housekeeper in the lodging industry
- Spotlights three major areas of expertise required for the success of lodging professionals: management of resources, administration of assets, and knowledge of technical operations
- Focuses mainly on the effective communication between the housekeeping, front office, and engineering and maintenance staff
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.