Visualizing Geology, 3rd Edition
April 2012, ©2012
CHAPTER 2: Earth Materials.
CHAPTER 3: How Old is Old? The Rock Record and Geologic Time.
CHAPTER 4: Plate Tectonics.
CHAPTER 5: Earthquakes and Earth's Interior.
CHAPTER 6: Volcanoes and Igneous Rocks.
CHAPTER 7: Weathering and Erosion.
CHAPTER 8: From Sediment to Sedimentary Rock.
CHAPTER 9: Folds, Faults, and Geologic Maps.
CHAPTER 10: Metamorphism: New Rocks from Old.
CHAPTER 11: Water On and Under the Ground.
CHAPTER 12: The Ocean and the Atmosphere.
CHAPTER 13: Deserts and Glaciers.
CHAPTER 14: Earth's Climates: Past, Present, Future.
CHAPTER 15: A Brief History of Life on Earth.
CHAPTER 16: Understanding Earth's Resources.
- New Chapter on Earth’s climates
- Expanded coverage of important topics. Throughout, this edition contains new or expanded discussions of important and relevant topics.
- Enhanced visuals.
- Learning Objectives at the beginning of each section head indicate in behavioral terms what the student must be able to do to demonstrate mastery of the material in the chapter.
- Concept Check questions at the end of each section give students the opportunity to test their comprehension of the learning objectives.
- Marginal Glossary Boxes introduce each chapter s most important terms, often reinforced with a thumbnail photograph.
- What a Geologist Sees features highlight a concept or phenomenon, using photos and figures that would stand out to a professional in the field, and helping students to develop observational skills.
- Global Locator Maps that accompany figures addressing issues encountered in a particular geographic region feature insets of hemispheric locator maps to help students visualize where the area is.
- Process Diagrams present a series of figures or a combination of figures and photos that describe and depict a complex process, helping students to observe, follow and understand the process.
- The illustrated Case Studies that cap off the text sections of each chapter offer a wide variety of in-depth examinations that address important issues in the field of environmental science.
- Illustrations, Photos, and Cartoons support concepts covered in the text, elaborate relevant issues, and add visual detail.
- Tables and graphs, with data sources cited at the end of the text, summarize and organize important information.
- The Chapter Summary revisits each learning objective and redefines each marginal glossary term, featured in boldface here, and included in a list of Key Terms.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.