Geography: Realms, Regions and Concepts, 15th Edition
October 2011, ©2012
Joining the author team in the 15th edition is Jan Nijman, Professor of Geography and Regional Studies at the University of Amsterdam, Professor Emeritus at the University of Miami, and a member of the National Geographic Society’s Committee for Research and Exploration. Professor Nijman worked together with the senior authors to bring these enhancements to the new edition of Regions.
Chapter 1A Europe: Defining The Realm.
Chapter 1BEuropean Regions.
Chapter 2ARussia: Defining The Realm.
Chapter 2BRussian Regions.
Chapter 3ANorth America: Defining The Realm.
Chapter 3B Regions Of North America.
Chapter 4A Middle America: Defining The Realm.
Chapter 4B Regions Of Middle America.
Chapter 5A South America: Defining The Realm.
Chapter 5B South American Regions.
Chapter 6A Subsaharan Africa: Defining The Realm.
Chapter 6B Regions Of Subsaharan Africa.
Chapter 7A The North African/Southwest Asian Realm.
Chapter 7B Regions Of North Africa/Southwest Asia.
Chapter 8A South Asia: Defining The Realm.
Chapter 8B South Asian Regions.
Chapter 9A The East Asian Realm.
Chapter 9B East Asian Regions.
Chapter 10A The Southeast Asian Realm.
Chapter 10B Southeast Asian Regions.
Chapter 11 The Austral Realm.
Chapter 12 Pacific Realm And Polar Futures.
- New Organization! Chapters are now divided into A/B sections. Within each chapter, Part A, Defining the Realm, examines developments that unfold across the entire realm or major parts of it. In Part B, Regions of the Realm, the authors explore the regions within the realms to view developments at a finer resolution and examine the role of individual states and national cultures.
- New and updated content incorporated into the narrative of every chapter. Chapters 8A and 8B (South Asia), for example, now discusses recent developments in the cultural and religious conflict between Pakistan and India, as well as a more detailed discussion of economic growth and effects of globalization in South Asia.
- New “Voice From the Region” feature, in every chapter. Each essay showcases the local perspective of an individual who resides in the realm.
- Many new photographs and field notes, taken by co-author Jan Nijman while doing fieldwork.
- New BBC videos, which can be used as lecture-launchers in class
- Regional Issue Feature: Two voices state opposing viewpoints regarding an issue that bedevils the realm and has geographic context. These comments are intended to stimulate discussion and debate.
- Web-based GeoDiscoveries multimedia package. This multimedia resource contains a number of activities, links, lessons and quizzes for many of the key concepts studied in regional geography.
- Table G-1, Area and Demographic Table for the World's States, which is a valuable resource and information base for students and instructors.
- What You Can Do
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.