Global Warming: Understanding the Forecast, 2nd Edition
September 2011, ©2012
1 Humankind and Climate.
Part I The Greenhouse Effect.
2 Blackbody Radiation.
3 The Layer Model.
4 Greenhouse Gases.
5 What Holds the Atmosphere Up?
6 Weather and Climate.
Part II The Carbon Cycle.
8 Carbon on Earth.
9 Fossil Fuels and Energy.
10 The Perturbed Carbon Cycle.
Part III The Forecast.
11 The Smoking Gun.
12 Potential Climate Impacts.
13 Decisions, Decisions.
- The 2nd edition has been updated throughout, reflecting results from the fourth Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Scientific Assessment Report, published in 2007.
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to all aspects of global warming, from the distant past to the distant future.
- Assumes no specialist scientific knowledge.
- Gives a detailed examination of the greenhouse effect, the carbon cycle and discussion of what the future holds for the global climate.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.