Global Warming: Understanding the Forecast, 2nd Edition
September 2011, ©2012
Online Models v
1 Humankind and Climate 1
Part I The Greenhouse Effect 7
2 Blackbody Radiation 9
3 The Layer Model 19
4 Greenhouse Gases 29
5 What Holds the Atmosphere Up? 43
6 Weather and Climate 57
7 Feedbacks 73
Part II The Carbon Cycle 87
8 Carbon on Earth 89
9 Fossil Fuels and Energy 103
10 The Perturbed Carbon Cycle 119
Part III The Forecast 133
11 The Smoking Gun 135
12 Potential Climate Impacts 153
13 Decisions, Decisions 173
- The 2nd edition has been updated throughout, reflecting results from the fourth Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Scientific Assessment Report, published in 2007.
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to all aspects of global warming, from the distant past to the distant future.
- Assumes no specialist scientific knowledge.
- Gives a detailed examination of the greenhouse effect, the carbon cycle and discussion of what the future holds for the global climate.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.