Information Technology Project Management, 4th Edition
February 2012, ©2012
CHAPTER 2 Conceptualizing And Initializing The IT Project 30
CHAPTER 3 The Project Infrastructure 76
CHAPTER 4 The Human Side Of Project Management 103
CHAPTER 5 Defining And Managing Project And Product Scope 136
CHAPTER 6 The Work Breakdown Structure And Project Estimation 157
CHAPTER 7 The Project Schedule And Budget 197
CHAPTER 8 Managing Project Risk 253
CHAPTER 9 Project Communicaton, Tracking, And Reporting 287
CHAPTER 10 IT Project Quality Management 324
CHAPTER 11 Managing Organizational Change, Resistance,
And Conflict 360
CHAPTER 12 Project Procurement Management And Outsourcing 386
CHAPTER 13 Leadership And Ethics 403
CHAPTER 14 Project Implementation, Closure, And Evaluation 426
APPENDIX: An Introduction To Function Point Analysis 447
• Several Quick Thinking exercises have been replaced or updated. These short cases provide a useful pedagogical tool for in-class discussions to increase a student's level of learning.
• A new integrated case called the Martial Arts Academy has been added at the end of each chapter. Along with the Husky Air cases, these cases provide students with an opportunity to work as a project team.
• A third and new case has been added to the end of each chapter. These cases provide an opportunity for higher-level analysis and discussion.
• Three Microsoft Project tutorials have been added to the fourth edition. These tutorials provide a foundation for learning, using, and applying the concepts of the text to the integrated case assignments.
• Emphasizes MOV as a central theme in the text.
• Incorporates nine areas outlined in the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) into the basic concepts associated with information systems management and software engineering.
• Provides a balance between concept and application.
• A 60-day trial edition of Microsoft Project is packaged with every new textbook. The full unlimited version of Project is available via MSDNAA, free with a Wiley adoption.