Anatomy and Physiology: From Science to Life, 3rd Edition
January 2012, ©2013
1 An Introduction to the Human Body
4 The Tissue Level of Organization BODY SYSTEMS
5 The Integumentary System
6 Introduction to the Skeletal System
7 The Axial Skeleton
8 The Appendicular Skeleton
10 Muscle Tissue
11 The Muscular System
12 Introduction to the Nervous System
13 The Central Nervous System
14 The Peripheral Nervous System
15 Sensory, Motor, and Integrative Systems
16 The Special Senses
17 The Endocrine System
18 The Cardiovascular System: The Blood
19 The Cardiovascular System: The Heart
20 The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels and Hemodynamics
21 The Lymphatic and Immune Systems
22 The Respiratory System
23 The Digestive System
24 The Urinary System
25 The Reproductive Systems
• Clinical Connections. A select group of Clinical Connection are being integrated back into the text with further selections incorporated as examples within WileyPLUS.
• All case stories have been edited with over half of them new to this edition. They have been replaced or updated based on the suggestions of my adopters and reviewers.
• Extensive revisions to the illustrations include more saturated colors, revised renderings of muscles, arteries and veins, lymphatics, and numerous other illustrations throughout the text.
• The Urinary System chapter has been thoroughly revised to offer more help and clarity for students with the difficult concepts within this system.
• Relevant case stories draw students in, keep them connected to the content and provide the platform for developing the critical thinking skills so necessary for their future professions. Thoroughly revised and updated for this edition, the link between the case and the relevant anatomy and physiology in each chapter is even more closely connected.
• Actively engaging students with the learning process is made simple with the integration of multiple and varied learning resources, including such dynamic assets as animations, iPod downloads, clinical connections, drill and practice labeling activities from cadavers to models to illustrations, virtual dissection experience with Real Anatomy, and creative interactive exercises and concept maps for reviewing material. These resources meet the needs of students with a wide range of learning style preferences and reinforce the focused design of the integrated text and media.
• Many revised illustrations included in this new edition draw the students immediately into the content and provide the important visual representation of the content needed to successfully grasp the material.
• All content and assessment activity is linked to clearly articulated learning objectives, assuring the ability to measure successful outcomes. WileyPLUS provides immediate feedback to manage and measure success which motivates students to keep on task as they progress through the course.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.