Electronics with Discrete Components, 1st Edition
April 2012, ©2013
2 Introduction to Digital Electronics.
3 Combinational Logic.
4 Advanced Combinational Devices.
5 Sequential Logic.
6 AC Signals.
7 Filters and the Frequency Domain.
10 Operational Amplifiers.
11 Connecting Digital to Analog and to the World.
Appendix A Logic Board.
Appendix B If the Circuit Does Not Work.
Appendix C Curve Tracker.
• A central emphasis that electronics is hands-on; that the objective is to build something; and that no black-boxes should be left unopened.
• A focus on discrete components so that students can build their understanding of more complex integrated devices and their specifications.
• Student friendly writing style
• Lab Projects section at the end of most chapters which contain many interesting circuits that have been proven to work well for instruction.
• Accompanying Lab Manual as well as an online component that allows for regular updates to contemporary equipment.