Fundamental Molecular Biology, 2nd Edition
October 2011, ©2012
2.The Structure of DNA
3.The Versatility of RNA
4.Protein Structure and Folding
5.Genome Organization and Evolution
6.DNA Replication and Telomere Maintenance
7.DNA Repair Pathways
8.Recombinant DNA Technology and Molecular Cloning
9.Tools for Analyzing Gene Expression
10.Transcription in Bacteria
11.Transcription in Eukaryotes
12.Epigenetic Mechanisms of Gene Regulation
13.RNA Processing and Posttranscriptional Gene Regulation
14.The Mechanism of Translation
15.Genetically Modified Organisms
17.Medical Molecular Biology
• “Discovery Figures” new design of important figures allows students to study the art and captions as part of their learning of the core concepts and as part of discovery of important details germane to the chapter. These figures emulate the books approach, highlighting the process of discovery, emphasizing both the big picture and the key details of important topics, showing students how we look at the big picture and the details of important topics.
• Updated Tool Boxes, Focus Boxes, and Disease Boxes throughout the textbook.
• Supported by the Wiley Resource kit. The Wiley Resource Kit provides an easy way to provide you with media & assessment. The Resource Kit can be delivered through any Learning Management System (LMS). The offer is free to students, requires no cartridge or CTB license fees from Wiley.
• Includes all-original artwork providing the clearest possible insight into complex concepts. All artwork is available for faculty on the instructor companion website.
• Pedagogical boxes throughout explain additional concepts and topics in molecular biology:
-TOOLS BOXES explore key experimental methods and techniques in molecular biology
-FOCUS BOXES offer more detailed treatment of topics and delve into experimental strategies, historical background and areas for further exploration
-DISEASE BOXES illustrate key principles of molecular biology by examining diseases that result from gene defects
• Includes access to Wiley Resource Kit. An interactive website featuring all artwork, animations of key processes, and additional, useful, student comprehension material.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.