The Royal Marsden Hospital Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures, Student Edition, 8th Edition
May 2011, ©2011, Wiley-Blackwell
Clinical skills procedures are a fundamental aspect of nursing care. The Royal Marsden Hospital Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures Student Edition has been specially compiled for pre-registration students to include the essential procedures they need to know. The manual provides the underlying theory and evidence for procedures related to every aspect of a person's care. Procedures are based on the latest research findings and expert clinical advice, to enable student nurses to deliver clinically effective patient-focused care.
- Compact and portable –can be taken anywhere
- Includes the key evidence-based procedures students need to know
- Includes multiple-choice questions to help students test their knowledge
- Clear, user friendly and easy to understand
- All procedures include the rationale for each action and rate the validity of the supporting evidence
- Visit royalmarsdenmanual.com to‘Ask the editor’
- Accompanying Lecturer companion site with Multiple choice questions & Powerpoint slides of all illustrations
- Accompanying Student companion site with Multiple choice questions
Chapter 1 The context of nursing 3
Chapter 2 Assessment, discharge and end of life care 27
Chapter 3 Infection prevention and control 93
Chapter 4 Risk management 155
Part Two Supporting the patient with human functioning
Chapter 5 Communication 191
Chapter 6 Elimination 239
Chapter 7 Moving and positioning 321
Chapter 8 Nutrition, fl uid balance and blood transfusion 371
Chapter 9 Patient comfort 461
Chapter 10 Respiratory care 539
Part Three Supporting the patient through the diagnostic process
Chapter 11 Interpreting diagnostic tests 617
Chapter 12 Observations 699
Part Four Supporting the patient through treatment
Chapter 13 Medicines management 803
Chapter 14 Perioperative care 931
Chapter 15 Wound management 983
- Related topics grouped for quick reference
- Additional headings to aid navigation
- Extra colour photos and diagrams
- Revised multiple choice questions
- Chapters grouped in four new sections: Managing the patient journey, Supporting the patient with human functioning, Supporting the patient through the diagnostic process, supporting the patient through treatment
· Includes multiple-choice questions to help students test their knowledge
· Compact and portable –can be taken anywhere
· Clear, user friendly and easy to understand
· All procedures include the rationale for each action and rate the validity of the supporting evidence
· Marketing site www.royalmarsdenmanual.com with ‘Ask the editor’ functionality
· Online edition www.rmmonline.co.uk also available
· Accompanying Lecturer companion site with Multiple choice questions & Powerpoint slides of all illustrations
· Accompanying Student companion site with Multiple choice questions
"Now in its eighth edition, this manual is a resource for all students and nurses, regardless of their knowledge and experience. It is a super reference tool and an invaluable resource to help students give clinically effective, patient-focused care." (Nursing Standard, 27 July 2011)
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.