Elementary Linear Algebra, 10th Edition
March 2010, ©2010
This title is available with WileyPLUS. This online teaching and learning environment integrates the entire digital textbook with the most effective instructor and student resources to fit every learning style.
- Students achieve concept mastery in a rich, structured environment that’s available 24/7
- Instructors personalize and manage their course more effectively with assessment, assignments, grade tracking, and more.
CHAPTER 2 DETERMINANTS.
CHAPTER 3 EUCLIDEAN VECTOR SPACES.
CHAPTER 4 GENERAL VECTOR SPACES.
CHAPTER 5 EIGNVALUES AND EIGENVECTORS.
CHAPTER 6 INNER PRODUCT SPACES.
CHAPTER 7 DIAGONALIZATION AND QUADRATIC FORMS.
CHAPTER 8 LINEAR TRANSFORMATIONS.
CHAPTER 9 NUMERICAL METHODS.
- More basic applications are covered throughout
- Section-end Concept Review helps students to review and prepare for exams
- Skills listed at the end of every section are learning objectives that students and professors can use to measure progress
- True/false exercises quickly assess conceptual understanding and logical reasoning
- Chapters 3 and 4 from the 9th are combined to form a single chapter on Euclidean vector spaces, providing more compact coverage and facilitating earlier introduction of general vector spaces
- Eigenvalues and eigenvectors are introduced earlier, in chapter 5, making it easier for instructors who want to spend more time on these important topics
- Chapter 9 focuses on numerical approaches that better reflect current usage of computers
Proof Sketches – Students sharpen their mathematical reasoning skills and understanding of proofs by filling in justifications for proof steps in some exercises.
Emphasizes Visualization – Geometric aspects of various topics are emphasized, to support visual learners, and to provide an additional layer of understanding for all students. The geometric approach naturally leads to contemporary applications of linear algebra in computer graphics that are covered in the text.
Mathematically Sound – Mathematical precision appropriate for mathematics majors is maintained in a book whose explanations and pedagogy meet the needs of engineering, science, and business/economics students.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.