Mood Disorders: A Handbook of Science and Practice
January 2006, ©2004
Mood Disorders: A Handbook of Science and Practice provides an up-to-date summary of the latest theory and practice in unipolar and bipolar mood disorders.
This comprehensive volume focuses on innovations in both science and clinical practice, and considers new pharmacological treatments as well as psychological therapies.
With contributions from the worldâ s leading authorities on mood disorders, all clinical psychologists and psychiatrists in practice and training will find this book an authoritative reference tool.
List of Contributors.
Foreword by Kay Redfield Jamison.
PART I: UNIPOLAR DEPRESSION.
1. The Classification and Epidemiology of Unipolar Depression (P. Bebbington).
2. Biological Models of Unipolar Depression (A. Cleare).
3. Cognitive Models and Issues in Depression (P. Bieling & Z. Segal).
4. Socioemotional Functioning in Depression (J. Rottenberg & I. Gotlib).
5. Developmental Perspectives on Depression in Young People (R. Harrington).
6. Depression: A Biopsychosocial, Integrative, and Evolutionary Approach (P. Gilbert).
7. Biological Treatments of Mood Disorders (K. Ebmeier, et al.).
8. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Depression (M. Power).
9. Interpersonal Psychotherapy of Depression (J. Markowitz).
PART II: BIPOLAR DEPRESSION.
10. Epidemiology and Classification of Bipolar Disorder (J. Cavanagh).
11. Biological Theories of Bipolar Disorder (D. Blackwood & W. Muir).
12. Bipolar Affective Disorder: Current Perspectives on Psychological Theory and Treatment (K. Wright & D. Lam).
13. Integration of Patient, Provider, and Systems Treatment Approaches in Bipolar Disorder: Where Evidence Meets Practice Reality (S. Parikh & S. Kennedy).
14. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bipolar Affective Disorder (M. Schwannauer).
15. Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy (H. Swartz, et al.).
16. Self-Management and the Expert Patient (A. Palmer & J. Scott).
PART III: GENERAL ISSUES.
17. Current Approaches to the Assessment of Depression (D. Peck).
18. Suicide and Attempted Suicide (A. MacLeod).
19. Depression in Older Adults (K. Laidlaw).
20. Summary and New Directions (M. Power).