98-349 Windows Operating System Fundamentals
May 2012, ©2013
The Microsoft Technology Associate certification (MTA) curriculum helps instructors teach and validate fundamental technology concepts with a foundation for sudents' careers as well as the confidence they need to succeed in advanced studies. Through the use of MOAC MTA titles you can help ensure your students future success in and out of the classroom. This MTA text covers the following Windows Operating System vital fundamental skills:
• Understanding Operating System Configurations
• Installing and Upgrading Client Systems
• Managing Applications
• Managing Files and Folders
• Managing Devices
• Understanding Operating System Maintenance.Click here to learn more about Microsoft Technology Associate, (MTA) a new and innovative certification track designed to provide a pathway for future success in technology courses and careers.
Lesson 1: Introducing, Installing, and Upgrading Windows 7 1
Lesson 2: Understanding Operating System Configurations 28
Lesson 3: Understanding Native Applications, Tools, Mobility, and Remote Management and Assistance 62
Lesson 4: Managing Applications, Services, Folders, and Libraries 106
Lesson 5: Managing Devices 141
Lesson 6: Understanding File and Print Sharing 185
Lesson 7: Maintaining, Updating, and Protecting Windows 7 221
Lesson 8: Understanding Backup and Recovery Methods 261
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.