Analyzing the Large Number of Variables in Biomedical and Satellite Imagery
May 2011, ©2011
1. Very Large Arrays.
2. Permutation Tests.
3. Applying the Permutation Test.
4. Gathering and Preparing Data for Analysis.
5. Multiple Tests.
7. Classification Methods.
8. Applying Decision Trees.
Glossary: Biological Terms.
Glossary: Statistical Terms.
Appendix: An R Primer.
Phillip I. Good, PhD, is Operations Manager at Information Research, a consulting firm specializing in statistical solutions for private and public organizations. He has published more than thirty scholarly works and more than six hundred popular articles. Dr. Good is the author of Introduction to Statistics Through Resampling Methods and R/S-PLUS® and Introduction to Statistics Through Resampling Methods and Microsoft Office Excel®, and coauthor of Common Errors in Statistics (and How to Avoid Them), Third Edition, all published by Wiley.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.