Levison's Textbook for Dental Nurses, 10th Edition
September 2008, ©2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This latest edition fully reflects recent and substantial developments in the dental nursing profession including mandatory registration, new legislation, the New General Dental Services contract, and the subsequent increased pressure for continuing professional development.
2. The Dental Nurse.
3. Outline of Physiology.
4. Circulation, Respiration and Digestion.
5. Medical Emergencies.
6. Pathology and Microbiology.
7. Infection Control and Sterilisation.
8. Head and Neck Anatomy.
9. Nerve Supply of the Teeth and Local Anaesthesia.
10. Dental Anatomy.
11. Dental Caries.
12. Periodontal Disease.
13. Prevention of Dental Disease.
14. Dental Radiography.
15. Patient Records.
16. Fillings and Materials.
18. Inlays, Crowns and Bridges.
19. Dentures and Implants.
20. Extractions and Minor Oral Surgery.
22. Pain and Anxiety Control.
23. Health and Safety at Work.
24. Patient Management.
Appendix - National Examining Board for Dental Nurses - National Certificate Syllabus.
- Fully revised and updated
- Includes brand new chapters
- Now in full colour throughout with over 200 photographs and line drawings