Handbook of Veterinary Nursing, 2nd Edition
October 2010, ©2011, Wiley-Blackwell
Handbook of Veterinary Nursing presents essential guidance and helpful tips on developing and delivering high quality nursing care and skills.
Fully updated, this easy-to-follow guide reflects recent changes to veterinary nursing qualifications, current terminology and drugs in use. The emphasis is on the importance of working methodically, using high quality procedures, to help the whole veterinary team ensure the most successful outcomes in animal care.
Written in note form for quick reference by veterinary nurses and technicians at all stages of their training and career, this will be invaluable for both exam revision and quick reference in clinic.
The nursing process in veterinary care, physical assessment of the patient, managing the hospital environment, managing the operating room, surgical nursing activities, anaesthesia, diagnostic imaging, diagnostic tests, triage and emergency procedures, and essential calculations for drugs, fluids, nutrition and radiographic exposures.
•Gives clinical advice quickly and simply
•Written by authors with many years experience of veterinary nurse training and education
•Contains essential calculations
•Illustrated in colour throughout
Section 2 Managing the Hospital Environment
Section 3 Managing the Operating Room
Section 4 The Operating Room - Surgical Nursing Activities
Section 5 Anaesthesia
Section 6 Diagnostic Imaging
Section 7 Diagnostic Tests
Section 8 Triage and Emergency Procedures
"Veterinary nurses of all levels of experience will find this
handbook invaluable in practice. This edition reflects the advances
our profession has made in recent years and will equip the reader
with the information they need to deliver nursing care of the
—Liz Branscombe, DipAVN(Surg) RVN
"This second edition is very timely in providing updated and additional material in the developing field of veterinary nursing. The Contemporary Veterinary Nursing section includes a detailed description of the Nursing Process and a Model of Nursing Care specific to veterinary nurses which can be used to inform the practice of nursing described in the subsequent sections."
—Andrea Jeffery, MSc DipAVN(Surg) Cert Ed RVN
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.