Cell Biology: A Short Course, 3rd Edition
May 2011, ©2011, Wiley-Blackwell
1 CELLS AND TISSUES, 1
2 WATER AND MACROMOLECULES, 17
3 MEMBRANES AND ORGANELLES, 43
4 DNA STRUCTURE AND THE GENETIC CODE, 53
5 DNA AS A DATA STORAGE MEDIUM, 67
6 TRANSCRIPTION AND THE CONTROL OF GENE EXPRESSION, 81
7 RECOMBINANT DNA AND GENETIC
8 MANUFACTURING PROTEIN, 123
9 PROTEIN STRUCTURE, 137
10 INTRACELLULAR PROTEIN TRAFFICKING, 157
11 HOW PROTEINS WORK, 175
12 ENERGY TRADING WITHIN THE CELL, 191
13 METABOLISM, 207
14 IONS AND VOLTAGES, 229
15 INTRACELLULAR SIGNALING, 251
16 INTERCELLULAR COMMUNICATION, 269
17 MECHANICAL MOLECULES, 283
18 CELL CYCLE AND THE CONTROL OF CELL NUMBER IN EUKARYOTES, 297
19 THE CELL BIOLOGY OF THE IMMUNE SYSTEM, 315
20 CASE STUDY: CYSTIC FIBROSIS, 329
Answers to Review Questions, 381
"Principally aimed at students of biology and pre-med courses it can be recommended for students of health sciences. Senior clinicians who have been witnessing recent developments but may not have had the benefit of structured instruction will find the book instructive, particularly the chapter on Recombinant DNA and Genetic Engineering." (Journal of Tropical Pediatrics, 2011)
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.