Calculations for the Veterinary Professional, Revised Edition
February 2002, ©2001, Wiley-Blackwell
1. Math Basics, Part 1.
Fractions and Decimals.
Ratios ad Proportions.
ADrug Dosing by Body Surface Area for Dogs and Cats.
1. Math Basics, Part 2.
I. V. Drips and Solutions.
I. V. Drips.
I. V. Solutions.
Parts per Million.
Percentage of Error.
Percentage or Alcohol.
PNU per Milliliter.
3. Nutritional Support.
Determining Nutritional Needs.
Basal Energy Requirements.
Adjusted Energy Requirements.
C. Table of Elements.
E. Units and System of Measure.
F. Temperature Conversions.
G. Conversion Factors.
H. Answers to Practice Problems.
I. Selected Protein-Calorie Supplements.
J. Power Conversions
Branson W. Ritchie, DVM, PhD, is a distinguished research professor, Department of Small Animal Medicine, College of veterinary medicine, University of Georgia
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.