The Dog: Its Behavior, Nutrition, and Health, 2nd Edition
May 2005, ©2005, Wiley-Blackwell
Part 1. Man's best Friend: The Animal within the Companion.
Chapter 1. Man and Wolf: The Process of Domestication.
Chapter 2. Selective Breeding: The Creation of the Working Dog.
Chapter 3. The Dog’s Body: Structure, Movement and Special Senses.
Chapter 4. Reproduction and Breeding Management.
Chapter 5. Genetics and Breeding Programs.
Chapter 6. Sharing Our Lives with Dogs: Benefits and Responsibilities.
Part 2. Behavior: Communicating with man's Best Friend.
Chapter 7. Developmental Behavior: Puppy to Adult.
Chapter 8. Understanding Normal Canine Behavior.
Chapter 9. Learning Process and Training Principles.
Chapter 10. Common Behavior Problems and Solutions.
Part 3. Health and Disease: Taking Care and Keeping Fit.
Chapter 11. Infectious Diseases and Vaccination Programs.
Chapter 12. Common Non-Infectious Disorders of Dogs.
Chapter 13. Internal Parasites.
Chapter 14. External Parasites.
Chapter 15. First Aid Procedures for Dogs.
Part 4. Nutrition: Feeding for Health and Longevity.
Chapter 16. Nutrient Requirements of the Dog.
Chapter 17. Providing a Healthy Diet.
Chapter 18. Feeding For Health Throughout Life.
Chapter 19. Nutritionally Responsive Disorders in Dogs.
more in-depth than most dog books available;
an indispensable resource for professional breeders, trainers, exhibitors, and veterinary clinicians.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.