Introduction to Veterinary Pathology, 3rd Edition
August 2006, ©2006, Wiley-Blackwell
1. Overview: Injury, Death and Adaptive Responses.
The Language of Pathology.
Adaptive Responses to Injury and Altered Stimulation.
Pathologists at Work.
2. Cell Death and Cell Recovery.
Necrosis: Morphology and Mechanisms.
Apoptosis: Programmed Cell Death.
Cell Protection and Recovery.
3. Cellular Responses to Sublethal Injury.
Protein Aggregation Disorders.
Connective Tissue Substances.
Clinical Signs and Lesions.
Pathogenesis of Acute Inflammation.
Systemic Signs of Acute Inflammation.
Chemical Mediators of Inflammation.
5. Repair: Wound Healing and Regeneration.
6. Hemostasis and Thrombosis.
Prevention of Coagulation by Normal Endothelium.
7. Hemodynamic Disorders.
Cardiovascular Disease and its Consequences.
Collateral and Compensatory Circulation.
Vascular Shunts and Fistulae.
8. Neoplasia:Characterizing the Neoplasm.
Benign vs Malignant.
Making the Correct Diagnosis.
9. Spread, Host Responses, and Genetics of Cancer.
The Spread of Neoplasms.
Clinical Effects of Neoplasms.
Restraint of Neoplastic Growth.
The Genetic Basis of Cancer.
The Cancer Cell.
10. Causes of Cancer.
Physical Agents Associated with Neoplasms.
11. Immunologic Disorders.
Disorders from Reduced Innate Immunity.
Defects in Adaptive Immunity.
12. Genetic Disorders and Teratology.
Mutant Genes of Large Effect (Mendelian Disorders).
Multifactoral (Polygenic) Inheritance Disorders.
13. Infectious Diseases.
Fungal and Algal Diseases.
Pathology of Parasitism.
14. Nutritional and Metabolic Disease.
15. Ecosystems and Forensic Pathology.
Airborne Pollutants: inhalation toxicity.
Wildlife Ecosystems: free ranging animals.
16. Forensic Pathology.
- Third edition of a classic text of veterinary pathology
- New color section
- Board review of each chapter resulting in error free,
- Focus sections that highlight important material
- Clear, easily understood descriptions and explanations
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.