Foodservice Management Fundamentals
January 2013, ©2014
Foodservice Management Fundamentals delivers critical information to help students learn how to position, manage, and leverage a successful foodservice operation. The compilation of management practices, tools, and techniques illustrates essential approaches to all segments of the foodservice industry. The overarching goal throughout the text is to focus on management-related topics that, when addressed with creativity, strong analytical skills, capable interpersonal skills, and operational acumen lead to a positive bottom line.
Today, foodservice management requires a variety of skills and abilities, including creativity, analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and operational acumen. As foodservice industry revenues increase, so the number of college programs featuring foodservice-management courses in nutrition, dietetic, food science, and hospitality management programs has grown.
- PART I: THE FOODSERVICE INDUSTRY
- Chapter 1: The Foodservice Industry
- Chapter 2: The Foodservice Business
- PART II: THE MENU
- Chapter 3: Menu Planning and Development
- Chapter 4: Recipe Standardization, Costing, and Analysis
- Chapter 5: Menu Pricing
- PART III: THE FOODSERVICE OPERATION
- Chapter 6: Facilities Planning, Design, and Equipment
- Chapter 7: Food Sanitation and Safety
- Chapter 8: Supply Chain Management
- Chapter 9: Food Management
- PART IV: GENERAL MANAGEMENT
- Chapter 10: Financial Management
- Chapter 11: Customer Service
- Chapter 12: Marketing
- Chapter 13: Human Resource Management
- Chapter 14: Leadership and Management
- Part V: Advanced Management
- Chapter 15: Internal Control
- Chapter 16: Operational Analyses
- Chapter 17: Beverage Management
- Chapter 18: The Future of the Foodservice Industry
- Focuses on preparing the student to succeed in the broad range of foodservice operations, covering quick service, fast casual, family/midscale, moderate/theme, fine dining, and on site.
- Offers multiple approaches to many common foodservice management issues.
- Each chapter begins with a clear statement of learning objectives to guide students through the material.
- Photographs, illustrations, and tables enhance the presentation of topical material, helping students visualize key aspects of the foodservice business.
- Real-word case studies reinforce chapter learning objectives.
- Each chapter concludes with managerial implications, summarizing key points, a short case study, and chapter industry exemplars provide useful information as well as real-world illustrations of the qualities that make them leaders in their segments.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.