Plating for Gold: A Decade of Dessert Recipes from the World and National Pastry Team Championships
June 2012, ©2012
Plating for Gold features 50 award-winning recipes for spectacular desserts from pastry chefs like Ewald Notter, Jacquy Pfeiffer, and Sebastien Cannone. Each recipe has easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, and you will discover one-of-a-kind recipes like Strawberry Soup, Vanilla Panna Cotta Napoleon, and Almond Tartlet; Hot Chocolate Soufflé, Ginger Mousse, and Tropical Parfait; and Yin-Yang Flourless Chocolate Cake, as well as insight and advice from top pastry chefs on perfect plating.
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT 4
PLATING FOR POINTS 20
PLATED DESSERT FLAVOR PAIRING GUIDE 26
The Recipes 35
Banana and Malted Milk Chocolate Mousse with Cherry Sauce TEAM BOOS 2000 37
Citrus TEAM HO 2000 41
Strawberry and Almond Milk Delight, Red Currant and Wine Jus TEAM NOTTER 2000 47
Vanilla and Passion Fruit Dome with Mixed Berry Coulis TEAM SETTEPANI 2000 53
Chocolate Dome with Summer Berry Compote TEAM SHOTTS 2000 57
Warm Almond Savarin with Raspberry Gelée Center, and Raspberry Sorbet Served with Mascarpone Mousse, Vanilla Foam, and Candied Almond Dust TEAM KLOCKO 2003 63
Japanese-Style Cheesecake with Caramelized Apples and Apple Sorbet TEAM LHUILLIER 2003 67
Fraîcheur de Cavaillon TEAM SCHOENBECK 2003 73
Chocolate Banana Caramel Crunch TEAM WEIDER 2003 79
Volcanic Eruption TEAM AUSTRALIA 2004 83
Hot Chocolate Soufflé, Ginger Mousse, and Tropical Parfait TEAM BELGIUM 2004 89
Apple Savarin with Mascarpone Cream and Cranberry Gelée TEAM SWITZERLAND 2004 95
Taste of Paradise TEAM USA 2004 101
Peach Mint Financier with Roasted Peaches and Apricot Sorbet TEAM ANGNARDO 2005 107
Esprit TEAM CANILLO 2005 113
Dyaus TEAM DANKS 2005 117
Strawberry Tian TEAM DE SILVA 2005 121
Fruit for Thought TEAM EDWARDS 2005 125
Coconut Cream with Strawberry Confit and Fromage Blanc Ice Cream TEAM LHUILLIER 2005 131
Vanilla Honey Hazelnut Mousse with Peach Sorbet TEAM MCNAMARA 2005 137
Strawberry Floating Island with Fennel Pollen, Spring Fruit Salad and Mascarpone Sherbet TEAM RUSKELL 2005 141
Les Pommes TEAM FRANCE 2006 147
Fruit Emotions TEAM ITALY 2006 153
Fusion TEAM SWITZERLAND 2006 159
Yin-Yang Flourless Chocolate Cake TEAM USA 2006 165
Brown Butter Financier with Fresh Marinated Raspberries and Vanilla Diplomat Cream, Pineapple Passion Fruit Cloud, Banana Passion Beignet, and Exotic Coulis TEAM BRANLARD 2007 171
Georgia (Peaches and Cream) TEAM CALDWELL 2007 179
A Taste of Honey: Cornmeal Almond Cake Filled with Vanilla Bean Custard, Served with Thyme-Scented Candied Citrus Zest and Honey Gelato TEAM DANKS 2007 185
Old El Paso TEAM HOLDEN 2007 191
Dolly's Duo: Chocolate Napoleon with Two Mousses TEAM KNUDSEN 2007 197
Gingered Honey Panna Cotta with Lemongrass Consommé, Mango Gelée, and Lace Tuile TEAM PAGANO 2007 201
Creole TEAM RUSKELL 2007 205
Litchi Cream with Red Fruit Compote TEAM CHINA 2008 209
Imagination Box TEAM ITALY 2008 215
Aurora TEAM JAPAN 2008 219
Strawberry Soup, Vanilla Panna Cotta Napoleon, and Almond Tartlet TEAM SWITZERLAND 2008 225
Pineapple Rum Cake, Raspberry Florentine, Coconut Sorbet, Pineapple Compote, and Rum Anglaise TEAM CHOWDHURY 2009 233
Tropical Napoleon TEAM CO 2009 237
Banana Walnut Financier, Pineapple Jelly Center, Crunchy Passion Tuile, Coconut Cream, and Lemon–Crème Fraîche Ice Cream TEAM DADZIE 2009 241
Orange Savarin, Orange Chiboust, Banana Croustillant, Blood Orange Sorbet, and Orange Caramel Sauce TEAM DEWITT 2009 247
Passion Fruit–Banana Parfait TEAM MILLICAN 2009 251
Peach Melba Modern TEAM SALAZAR 2009 257
Chocolate-Pear Mousse and Crêpe Soufflé with Passion Fruit Sauce TEAM TREVETHAN 2009 263
Childhood Bubbles TEAM DENMARK 2010 271
Adventure TEAM JAPAN 2010 277
Spiced Coco TEAM MEXICO 2010 283
Rosebud Crème Brûlée with Strawberry Jelly and Champagne Rosé Sorbet TEAM SINGAPORE 2010 289
Le Blanc TEAM SOUTH KOREA 2010 295
Cheesecake with Cherry and Pistachio TEAM UNITED KINGDOM 2010 299
Citrus Olive Oil Cake with Vanilla-Mint Panna Cotta and Berry Gelée TEAM USA 2010 303
BASIC GARNISH RECIPES 308
- Plating for Gold features ten years of winning plated desserts from the World and National Pastry Championships, along with illustrations of each dessert’s composition, full-color photographs of the finished desserts, and behind-the-scenes photographs of pastry chefs in competition.
- The “Olympics” of the World and National Pastry Team Championships past competitors and judges have included highly regarded pastry chefs such as Jacquy Pfeiffer, Biagio Settepani, Jean-Phillipe Maury, and Ewald Notter. The Championships are televised each year on TLC, and the first half of the competition is devoted to plated desserts.
- This book was released in time for the 2012 World Pastry Championships and was featured at the World Pastry Forum, which included several days of pastry classes prior to the championship event.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.