The World Today: Concepts and Regions in Geography, 6th Edition
October 2012, ©2013
Now in a new edition, this book synthesizes the most important geographic concepts and presents them in a concise fashion. Its engaging, up-to-date information and materials bring the world to life and help users understand the interconnectedness of regions. For the first time ever, this book has a 'Voices' feature that allows real people around the world to talk about what it is like to live where they do. In addition, it highlights the most important concepts using a streamlined pedagogy and presents all content online organized by learning objectives. This, along with the customization available through Wiley Custom Select, makes it the ideal book for a one-semester course.
WORLD REGIONAL GEOGRAPHY: GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES 2
CHAPTER 1A EUROPE: DEFINING THE REALM 32
CHAPTER 1B EUROPE: REGIONS OF THE REALM 52
CHAPTER 2A RUSSIA: DEFINING THE REALM 80
CHAPTER 2B RUSSIA: REGIONS OF THE REALM 100
CHAPTER 3A NORTH AMERICA: DEFINING THE REALM 116
CHAPTER 3B NORTH AMERICA: REGIONS OF THE REALM 136
CHAPTER 4A MIDDLE AMERICA: DEFINING THE REALM 150
CHAPTER 4B MIDDLE AMERICA: REGIONS OF THE REALM 166
CHAPTER 5A SOUTH AMERICA: DEFINING THE REALM 186
CHAPTER 5B SOUTH AMERICA: REGIONS OF THE REALM 202
CHAPTER 6A SUBSAHARAN AFRICA: DEFINING THE REALM 228
CHAPTER 6B SUBSAHARAN AFRICA: REGIONS OF THE REALM 248
CHAPTER 7A NORTH AFRICA/SOUTHWEST ASIA: DEFINING THE REALM 272
CHAPTER 7B NORTH AFRICA/SOUTHWEST ASIA: REGIONS OF THE REALM 292
CHAPTER 8A SOUTH ASIA: DEFINING THE REALM 322
CHAPTER 8B SOUTH ASIA: REGIONS OF THE REALM 342
CHAPTER 9A EAST ASIA: DEFINING THE REALM 366
CHAPTER 9B EAST ASIA: REGIONS OF THE REALM 384
CHAPTER 10A SOUTHEAST ASIA: DEFINING THE REALM 404
CHAPTER 10B SOUTHEAST ASIA: REGIONS OF THE REALM 422
CHAPTER 11 THE AUSTRAL REALM 442
CHAPTER 12 PACIFIC REALM AND POLAR FUTURES 460
APPENDIX A METRIC STANDARD INTERNATIONAL (SI) AND CUSTOMARY UNITS AND THEIR CONVERSIONS A-1
APPENDIX B AREA AND DEMOGRAPHIC DATA FOR THE WORLD’S STATES B-1
ADDITIONAL APPENDICES AND OTHER MATERIAL AVAILABLE ONLINE: Using the Maps www.wiley.com/college/deblij
Opportunities in Geography www.wiley.com/college/deblij
Pronunciation Guide www.wiley.com/college/deblij
Concept Caching Website www.wiley.com/college/deblij
References and Further Readings www.wiley.com/college/deblij
- New sections that explain the fundamental issues and that profile the countries most at risk.
- New material on the housing crisis and foreclosures.
- New material is introduced on the predicament of small-island developing economies that prevail in the Caribbean Basin.
- New photos, maps, and field notes, as well as new text on Indian Ocean geopolitics, gender issues, demographic concerns, India’s economic rise, and Pakistan’s challenges.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.