January 2013, ©2012
Fletcher's 1st edition of "Climate Change: What the Science Tells Us" places strong emphasis on the peer-reviewed literature in reporting the impacts of climate change on the ocean, terrestrial ecosystems, the water cycle, human communities, dangerous weather patterns, and potential future Earth systems. The text offers detailed discussion of greenhouse gases, oceanic and atmospheric processes, Pleistocene and Holocene paleoclimate, the human fingerprints of climate change, modeling climate, sea level rise, climate impacts on economic sectors, and dangerous weather patterns associated with climate change.
Fletcher offers the first real textbook to present the science surrounding climate change at the right level for an undergraduate student. His polished writing style makes this an entertaining read while the pedagogical support and organization helps students better identify and understand key concepts, ideas and terms. Each chapter is organized with learning objectives, student exercises, videos, scientific citations to promote further learning, and creative thinking problems to underpin classroom discussion.
Chapter 1 WHAT IS THE GREENHOUSE EFFECT AND HOW IS IT BEING ALTERED BY HUMAN ACTIVITIES? 2
Chapter 2 WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE FOR CLIMATE CHANGE? 44
Chapter 3 HOW DO WE KNOW THAT HUMANS ARE THE PRIMARY CAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING? 72
Chapter 4 HOW DO SCIENTISTS PROJECT FUTURE CLIMATE? 104
Chapter 5 WHAT IS THE REALITY OF SEA-LEVEL RISE? 140
Chapter 6 HOW DOES GLOBAL WARMING AFFECT OUR COMMUNITY? 176
Chapter 7 WHAT IS THE LATEST WORD ON CLIMATE CHANGE? 218
- A current update on climate change with the effects on the environment.
- Entire book in 4-color.
- Written for an introductory audience.
- Accompanying videos, simulations and instructional support.
- Fletcher’s polished writing style makes this an entertaining read while the pedagogical support and organization helps students better understand key concepts, ideas and terms.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.