Lingüística aplicada: Adquisición del español como segunda lengua
December 2012, ©2013
The need for qualified Spanish language and bilingual education teachers in school districts across the country presses colleges and universities to train competent, linguistically proficient teachers. Here is where Lingüística aplicada: Adquisición del español como segunda lengua, Second Edition, plays its role: to clarify to future teachers important aspects of the Spanish language, situated in their cultural context, relevant notions of second language acquisition, and issues of technology and assessment, to prepare them for the task they face in the schools. Lingüística aplicada can help bridge the gap between second language research in Spanish, the typical Spanish language curriculum, and educational methodology courses, by providing grounding in issues and concepts that are often problematic for English-speaking learners of Spanish.
Lingüística aplicada: Adquisición del español como segunda lengua, Second Edition, challenges prospective teachers to develop critical thinking skills in preparation for making meaningful choices as they select materials, prepare texts, and meet unforeseen problems in the classroom. To this end, throughout the text students are challenged to take a more active role in their training and ask themselves why and how.
Chapter 1: Introducción: La lingüística aplicada.
Chapter 2: El campo de investigación de la ASL.
Chapter 3: Los pronombres.
Chapter 4: El sistema verbal.
Chapter 5: Los modos y las oraciones complejas.
Chapter 6: Las palabras y su significado.
Chapter 7: La pragmática.
Chapter 8: Lengua y sociedad en el mundo hispanohablante.
Chapter 9: La tecnología y la ASL.Chapter 10: Medios para medir la competencia de la L2
- An update of research that has been published in linguistics, particularly with regard to the Spanish language, that we believe is important for Spanish teachers and learners to know
- New concepts and ideas in the fields of Spanish linguistics and language teaching/acquisition
- Book Companion Site featuring videos of native speakers and Spanish learners and other resources.
•Approach reflects a belief in the value of discourse analysis, pragmatics, and sociolinguistics in the fields of second language acquisition and applied linguistics.
•Goal is to train teachers to teach the Spanish language as a communicative system rather than as a set of grammatical rules—therefore it includes relevant information on Spanish pragmatics and sociolinguistics.
•Written entirely in Spanish.
•Each chapter includes review questions and exercises.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.