Human Geography in Action, 6th Edition
January 2013, ©2013
Chapter 1: True Maps, False Impressions: Making, Manipulating, and Interpreting Maps.
Chapter 2: Layers of Tradition: Culture Regions at Different Scales.
Chapter 3: Tracking the AIDS Epidemic in the United States: Diffusion through Space and Time.
Chapter 4: Newton’s First Law of Migration: The Gravity Model.
Chapter 5: One Billion and Counting: The Hidden Momentum of Population Growth in India.
Chapter 6: Help Wanted: The Changing Geography of Jobs.
Chapter 7: Rags and Riches: The Dimensions of Development.
Chapter 8: Food for Thought: The Globalization of Agriculture.
Chapter 9: Take Me Out to the Ball Game: Market Areas and the Urban Hierarchy.
Chapter 10: Reading the Urban Landscape: Census Data and Field Observation.
Chapter 11: The Disappearing Front Range: Urban Sprawl in Colorado.
Chapter 12: Do Orange and Green Clash? Residential Segregation in Northern Ireland.
Chapter 13: Breaking Up Is Hard to Do: Nations, States, and Nation-States.
Chapter 14: Preserving the Planet: Human Impact on Environmental Systems.
- Updated Census information including 2010 census data
- Updated interaction exercises
- New diagrams
- New key terms
- Expanded case studies
- 14 stimulating chapters challenge students to collect, manipulate, display and interpret geographic information and data.
- Focuses on essential concepts; identifying the 5 to 10 most important ideas in each chapter while still including useful but brief background material.
- Designed with flexibility in mind, each chapter is freestanding while built around a cohesive instructional program.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.