¡Con brío! Beginning Spanish, 3rd Edition
November 2012, ©2013
The 12-chapter introductory program takes a highly practical approach with a simple chapter structure, activities that students find relevant and reflective of everyday conversations, easy access to media including new video segments, a wealth of teaching, learning, and practice resources in WileyPLUS, and an online live language coaching option. ACTFL’s recent release of its revised Proficiency Guidelines is a reminder of what beginning speakers can and will do with the language. This third edition of ¡Con brío! is keenly focused on helping them do it with confidence and gusto.
WileyPLUS sold separately from text.
Capítulo 1 Primeros pasos, p. 1
Capítulo 2 La universidad y el trabajo, p. 33
Capítulo 3 La familia y los amigos, p. 71
Capítulo 4 El tiempo libre, p. 107
Capítulo 5 La comida, p. 145
Capítulo 6 En casa, p. 183
Capítulo 7 La ciudad, p. 217
Capítulo 8 De compras, p. 257
Capítulo 9 La salud y las emergencias, p. 293
Capítulo 10 El barrio, p. 329
Capítulo 11 En el trabajo, p. 367
Capítulo 12 Nuevos horizontes, p. 399
•A completely revised Tu mundo en vivo section, at the end of each chapter, targets different learning styles, draws on all four language skills, and provides specific strategies for developing those skills.
•Videos en acción includes several new segments, and the Mientras ves el video activity can be completed online in WileyPLUS. Each chapter now grabs students’ attention with video right from the beginning .
•Expanded instructors’ annotations in the Tu mundo cultural and Tu mundo en vivo sections indicate the ACTFL standards met, and the modes of communication practiced through the various readings, realia, and activities.
•Comic strips provide a contextualized introduction for every major grammar point, and many of them are new or revised in the third edition. Example sentences of grammar in use drawn from the comic strip stories link grammar explanations right back to the illustrations.
•Further revisions include updated ¿Sabes qué? information, revised PowerPoints, Activities Manual, Grammar Handbook, and Testing Program. Autoprueba y repaso is now available in WileyPLUS.
- Focuses on building a strong foundation in everyday vocabulary, the basic grammar beginning speakers need, and Hispanic cultural perspectives on everyday life.
- Develops the confidence and skills needed to use Spanish in everyday conversations
- Unique approach to grammar maximizes flexibility and scalability.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.