Introducing Physical Geography, 6th Edition
February 2013, ©2013
The 6th edition of Introducing Physical Geography is known for its clear writing, distinctive photos and illustrations and a strong supplements program. The text continues its tradition as a great book to help non-science readers visualize and understand earth processes and learn the basic language of physical geography. The new edition features a strengthened “Eye on the Landscape” feature and updated data on climate change.
- Intro Pt 1: Introducing Physical Geography
- Intro Pt 2: Tools of Physical Geography
- Chapter 1 The Earth as a Rotating Planet
- Chapter 2 The Earth’s Global Energy Balance
- Chapter 3 Air Temperature
- Chapter 4 Atmospheric Moisture and Precipitation
- Chapter 5 Winds and the Global Circulation
- Chapter 6 Weather Systems
- Chapter 7 Global Climates
- Chapter 8 Biogeographic Processes
- Chapter 9 Global Biogeography
- Chapter 10 Global Soils
- Chapter 11 Earth from Inside Out
- Chapter 12 Plate Tectonics, Earthquakes, and Volcanoes
- Chapter 13 Weathering and Mass Wasting
- Chapter 14 Fresh Water of the Continents
- Chapter 15 Landforms Made by Running Water
- Chapter 16 Landforms Made by Waves and Wind
- Chapter 17 Glacial Landforms and the Ice Age
- App 1 Climate Definitions and Boundaries
- App 2 Conversion Factors
- App 3 Topographic Map Symbols
- New media including animations and videos.
- New photos and illustrations.
- Updated data on climate change.
- Eye on the Landscape feature revised and now more enhanced for students.
- Putting you in the Picture features involve the student and personalize the study of geography.
- The Visualization theme uses illustrations, word pictures, and multimedia to help students form lasting visual images of the processes of physical geography.