Biostatistics: A Foundation for Analysis in the Health Sciences, 10th Edition
January 2013, ©2013
This Tenth Edition of Biostatistics maintains its predecessors’ comprehensive approach to biostatistics as it is used in the biological sciences. Successfully utilized by both statisticians and practitioners, Biostatistics is an algebra-based text geared towards the advanced undergraduate and graduate student. This new edition has been revised to more closely align with the modern practice of biostatistics, teaching methods, and technologies.
1 INTRODUCTION TO BIOSTATISTICS 1
2 DESCRIPTIVE STATISTICS 19
3 SOME BASIC PROBABILITY CONCEPTS 65
4 PROBABILITY DISTRIBUTIONS 92
5 SOME IMPORTANT SAMPLING DISTRIBUTIONS 134
6 ESTIMATION 161
7 HYPOTHESIS TESTING 214
8 ANALYSIS OF VARIANCE 304
9 SIMPLE LINEAR REGRESSION AND CORRELATION 413
10 MULTIPLE REGRESSION AND CORRELATION 489
11 REGRESSION ANALYSIS: SOME ADDITIONAL TECHNIQUES 539
12 THE CHI-SQUARE DISTRIBUTION AND THE ANALYSIS OF FREQUENCIES 600
13 NONPARAMETRIC AND DISTRIBUTION-FREE STATISTICS 670
14 SURVIVAL ANALYSIS 750
15 VITAL STATISTICS (ONLINE)
APPENDIX: STATISTICAL TABLES A-1
ANSWERS TO ODD-NUMBERED EXERCISES A-107
- ANOVA/Logistic Regression: Chapter 8 has been revised to expand coverage of ANOVA and linear regression, as well as strengthening the ties between it and Chapters 9-11.
- Survival Analysis/Vital Statistics: Survival analysis coverage has been expanded to an entire chapter.
- Solutions: Increased numbers of full write-ups of the results obtained in examples and problems to provide instructors and students with more complete information.
- Online Examples: Online examples using several technologies (SPSS, SAS, MINITAB, R) to show instructors and students how each technology can be used to solve problems.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.