Biostatistics: A Foundation for Analysis in the Health Sciences, 10th Edition
January 2013, ©2013
This Tenth Edition of Biostatistics maintains its predecessors’ comprehensive approach to biostatistics as it is used in the biological sciences. Successfully utilized by both statisticians and practitioners, Biostatistics is an algebra-based text geared towards the advanced undergraduate and graduate student. This new edition has been revised to more closely align with the modern practice of biostatistics, teaching methods, and technologies.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Biostatistics
Chapter 2: Descriptive Statistics
Chapter 3: Some Basic Probability Concepts
Chapter 4: Probability Distributions
Chapter 5: Some Important Sampling Distributions
Chapter 6: Estimation
Chapter 7: Hypothesis Testing
Chapter 8: Analysis of Variance
Chapter 9: Simple Linear Regression and Correlation
Chapter 10: Multiple Regression and Correlation
Chapter 11: Regression Analysis: Some Additional Techniques
Chapter 12: The Chi-Square Distribution and the Analysis of Frequencies
Chapter 13: Nonparametric and Distribution-Free Statistics
Chapter 14: Survival Analysis
Chapter 15: Vital Statistics *Online Only*
- ANOVA/Logistic Regression: Chapter 8 has been revised to expand coverage of ANOVA and linear regression, as well as strengthening the ties between it and Chapters 9-11.
- Survival Analysis/Vital Statistics: Survival analysis coverage has been expanded to an entire chapter.
- Solutions: Increased numbers of full write-ups of the results obtained in examples and problems to provide instructors and students with more complete information.
- Online Examples: Online examples using several technologies (SPSS, SAS, MINITAB, R) to show instructors and students how each technology can be used to solve problems.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.