Research In Psychology: Methods and Design, 7th Edition
November 2012, ©2013
An appealing, understandable, and valuable text, Research in Psychology: Methods and Design, 7th edition continues to offer its readers a clear, concise look at psychological science, experimental methods, and correlational research. This new edition also includes an added emphasis on research ethics; how the APA’s most recent code of ethics is applied to research, and the issue of scientific fraud. Rounded out with helpful learning aids, step-by-step instructions, and detailed examples of real research studies makes the material easy to read and student-friendly.
Chapter 1: Scientific Thinking in Psychology
Chapter 2: Ethics in Psychological Research
Chapter 3: Developing Ideas for Research in Psychology
Chapter 4: Measurement and Data Analysis
Chapter 5: Introduction to Experimental Research
Chapter 6: Methodological Control in Experimental Research
Chapter 7: Experimental Design I: Single-Factor Designs
Chapter 8: Experimental Design II: Factorial Designs
Chapter 9: Correlational Research
Chapter 10: Quasi-Experimental Designs and Applied Research
Chapter 11: Small N Designs
Chapter 12: Observational and Survey Research Methods
- Research examples range from contemporary research to classic studies in order to illustrate various methodological points and enhance critical thinking.
- Early coverage of experiments: The text gets to experiments as quickly as possible, and covers non-experimental research after experiments.
- Engaging historical material: Origins boxes show how different research methods and concepts have evolved.
- Extensive student review and applications exercises: These provide opportunities for instructors to engage their students in active learning.
- Self Tests are found throughout the chapters to give students the chance to test their knowledge.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.