Visualizing Psychology, 3rd Edition
December 2012, ©2013
Chapter 1: Introduction and Research Methods.
Chapter 2: Neuroscience and Biological Foundations.
Chapter 3: Stress and Health Psychology.
Chapter 4: Sensation and Perception.
Chapter 5: States of Consciousness.
Chapter 6: Learning.
Chapter 7: Memory.
Chapter 8: Thinking, Language, and Intelligence.
Chapter 9: Life Span Development I.
Chapter 10: Life Span Development II.
Chapter 11: Motivation and Emotion.
Chapter 12: Personality.
Chapter 13: Psychological Disorders.
Chapter 14: Therapy.
Chapter 15: Social Psychology.
- Myth Busters sections now open each chapter. While studying the myths about psychology, students easily learn some of the most important terms and concepts while honing critical thinking skills.
- Psychological Science boxed readings now include self-testing exercises asking students to identify the methodology and s tructure within the presented research project.
- The third edition of Visualizing Psychology's interior design has been entirely revamped, making the book more functional and engaging to the student reader.
- Chapter 6 Learning and Chapter 15 Social Psychology have been thoroughly revised based on user feedback with new expanded coverage of key topics.
- The Visualizing Psychology learning program has been enhanced by the inclusion of the Author Tutorial Videos (featuring Karen Huffman) and Virutual Field Trip Videos in the WileyPLUS course.
- Chapter Introductions: Featured alongside compelling photographs, these chapter openers illustrate certain psychological concepts with concise stories to pique the reader's interest in what's to come. Also included in the chapter opener is an outline listing the main sections and features of the chapter.
- Process Diagrams: a series of figures or a combination of figures and photos that illustrate a complex process, allowing students to observe, follow, and understand the demonstrated topic.
- Psychology InSight: specifically designed multipart spreads that focus on a key concept in a chapter using a combination of figures and photos to present concepts in a broader context
- What a Psychologist Sees: Highlights in photos and figures a phenomenon that would stand out to a professional in the field, increasing a student's observational skills.
- What is happening in this picture?: an end-of-chapter feature that shows students a picture relevant to the chapter topics, paired with critical thinking questions to stimulate creative thought.
- Learning Objectives: offered at the beginning of each section explains what students must be able to do to demonstrate mastery of the material in the chapter.
- Marginal Glossary Terms: introduce the chapter's most important terms in green boldface type.
- Tables and Graphs: complete with source citations, summarize the important information at the end of the text.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.